Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First time for everything


This was Noak's attempt to put his own bib on. We only use them for sticky or wet food when he has nice clothes on. (His jammies are pulled down to his waist). He is learning something new everyday. It always surprises me. He just recently began to use adjectives and other words to fill in his sentences. So he will tell us about Papa Ernie's orange tractor (the Kubota that Dad gave Gabe). He will also point out the blue light and the red chair, his green shoes or the "daddy" bite he just took. Yesterday we were grocery shopping and he had the shopping cart buckle in his hand. He stretched it as high as it would go and he proclaimed "talk buckle". We don't linger on the heighths of objects very often and I was once again astounded that he used the correct word in referrence to where his buckle was. It was very cute. I am constantly finding myself telling Noe how smart he is and I'm usually saying it from a place of sheer surprise at how actually smart he is. (Occasionally I say it just as encouragement for something that he tells me over and over again).

No comments: